04 Dec Careers: Finance & Administrative Officer in Malawi
Organization: LifeNet International
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Issue Area: Health Systems Strengthening, Medical Training
Finance & Administrative Officer
LifeNet International aims to improve the quality of care and financial sustainability of health facilities to transform African health care and impact Malawians in a positive way. LifeNet International Malawi is looking to recruit medical trainers, management trainers, finance and administrative officer, and drivers for full-time employment.
Job Description & Qualifications
The Finance and Administration Officer will provide the LN Team with appropriate finance, human resource and administrative support to effectively implement program activities, as outlined below.
- Processing monthly payroll for LN employees
- Keep financial records and perform financial procedures (e.g, receipts, payments requests, petty cash).
- Maintain the accounting reporting process, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of ledgers and all supporting documentation and compliance with finance and procurement regulations.
- Maintain accounting records, ensuring they are complete, accurate, well archived and safeguarded.
- Ensure agreed reporting dates are maintained according to LN policies.
- Manage office insurance policies
- Work alongside the program support officer to ensure adequate budget preparation on a weekly basis and confirm monthly budget estimates and monthly budget reviews.
- Support the efficient running of the LN office daily operations.
- Maintain vehicle maintenance, fuel monitoring, mileage monitoring, and leadership of support team.
- Assist the Country Director in the adherence to local labour requirements, laws and standards.
- Assist the Country Director in managing employee misconduct under the guiding principles of LN HR policy.
- Assist in recruitment drives, job offer letters, and induction of initial employees in line with LN processes.
- Monitor contract employment status for all LN employees and maintain personnel records.
- Assist the Country Director and program support officer to ensure all performance reviews are scheduled and adhered to.
- Disseminate all HR learning resources, manuals and relevant materials to LN employees.
- Diploma in Business administration. A degree in a related field such as business or finance have an added advantage.
- Previous accounting, management, and leadership experience.
- An excellent knowledge of English and strong knowledge in computer use (Microsoft, Excel)
- Willingness to work within and alongside faith-based organizations and to attend weekly devotions.
- Ability to work full-time, 5 days per week, (45+ hours per week)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, including health coverage.
- Food and accommodation will be provided during visits outside Lilongwe.
Your application must consist of a cover letter and a CV with at least two references and copies of relevant certificates.
Please submit all applications via email to LNMalawiHR@LNinternational.org by December 29, 2020.