15 Nov Careers: Nurse Team Leader (Uganda)
Organization: LifeNet International (LN)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Issue Area: Nursing
LN Nurse Team Leader
LifeNet International (LN) is recruiting a Nurse Team Leader (NTL) to the nurse training team. The NTL will be responsible for presenting new lessons to the trainers, ensuring the trainers deliver the curriculum, and assessing the impact we’re having in our partner facilities. This individual will lead team meetings and regularly do field-based supervision. They will ensure that all the training reports are submitted on time and provide all the relevant information. The NTL will report directly to the LN Uganda Country Director.
For this role, we are looking for a confident, knowledgeable individual with great people management skills. As a team leader, the selected candidate will have to perform periodic performance reviews for team members.
The NTL will also be responsible for generating quarterly reports and assessments for our health center partners. They will also be asked to assist our medical consultant with curriculum development and project writing.
This job requires a self-starter, who is proactive and demonstrates a high level of integrity. The work will consist of regular visits outside of Kampala for work projects. On a monthly basis, the job will require overnight stays outside of Kampala.
- Comprehensive nursing degree (Bachelors or equivalent) and a current registered license
- A minimum of four years of direct experience in patient care
- Experience in teaching is a plus
- A minimum of one year experience in team supervision
- Excellent English skills
- Strong computer skills (using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Apple products)
- Willingness to work within and alongside faith-based organizations
- Ability to work full-time, five days per week (45+ hours)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive starting salary
- Health coverage
- Food, accommodation, and transport provided during visits outside of Kampala
- Opportunities for professional development through additional skills, training, and an access to learning materials
You application must consist of a cover letter, a resume, a copy of your driver’s license, and at least two references. Please submit all applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 December 2018.
- Subject Heading: Job Application – Nurse Team Leader