15 Nov Careers: Nurse Trainer (Uganda)
Organization: LifeNet International (LN)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Issue Area: Nursing
LN Nurse Trainer
LifeNet International (LN) is recruiting a Nurse Trainer (NT) to carry out training health workers and staff in LN partner health centers. The NT will be responsible for on-site training from the LN standard health curriculum and monitoring the progress of the facilities they work with. The NT will report directly to the Nurse Team Leader.
We are looking for a confident, knowledgeable person who is also willing to continue learning and improving. The selected individual will be expected to adhere to the LN curriculum at all times, using best practices and evidence-based solutions to teach health workers how to provide the best care possible to their patients. We are looking for people who are flexible, inquisitive, friendly and open. They must understand that as we train, we are also learning from others.
The NT will be responsible for monitoring the impact of each training via pre and posttests. The NT will also be responsible for generating quarterly reviews and assessments of their partner health facilities.
The job will require regular visits outside of Kampala. On a monthly basis, the job will require overnight stays outside of Kampala.
- Comprehensive nursing degree (Bachelors or equivalent) and a current registered license
- A minimum of two years of direct experience in patient care
- Experience in teaching is a plus
- Excellent English skills
- Strong computer skills (using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Apple products)
- Willingness to work within and alongside faith-based organizations
- Ability to work full-time, five days per week (45+ hours)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive starting salary
- Health coverage
- Food, accommodation, and transport provided during visits outside of Kampala
- Opportunities for professional development through additional skills, training, and an access to learning materials
You application must consist of a cover letter, a resume, a copy of your driver’s license, and at least two references. Please submit all applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 December 2018.
- Subject Heading: Job Application – Nurse Trainer