07 Mar Careers: LifeNet Vice President of Programs
Organization: LifeNet International (LN)
Location: Washington, D.C
LifeNet Vice President of Programs
LifeNet International (LN) is recruiting a Vice President of Programs to join our team as we work to improve health outcomes in Africa. The Vice President of Programs is a senior leadership position acting as the resident global health champion leading the development, management and growth of high-quality programs. The role is that of a program designer and developer that will move LifeNet into new health program areas within the scope of our vision, mission, and values. The VP of Programs is also a researcher who will track trends and evidence and promote best practices in health service innovation and entrepreneurship. Most importantly, the VP of Programs will be a leader who ensures that LifeNet’s work transforms African health systems to provide quality, sustainable care to millions of people in need. The position reports to LifeNet’s President and is based in Washington, DC. Positions reporting to the VP of Programs are the four country directors of the field operations (Burundi, Uganda, DRC, and Malawi) and the monitoring & evaluation team leader. Read the full job description here.
- Commitment to and passion for LifeNet’s vision and mission.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Health Administration, Health Science or other relevant field. MD/DO/PA/NP/RN degrees are a plus.
- Minimum of three years of relevant health program management experience in the developing world, preferably in Africa.
- Minimum of three years of senior program management experience at headquarters level. Demonstration of leading a team to accomplish results.
- Substantial experience in the development of successful grant proposals, strategic partnerships, and health program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in health program grants development and management, including program design, budget preparation, financial management, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting, preferably with professional foundations and governments (especially USAID and CDC/PEPFAR).
- Experience in building the capacity of partners, preferably faith-based health centers.
- Experience with successful new business development focused on public and private donor funding.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required, with French also preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally and domestically.
- Alignment with LifeNet’s Christian identity and mission philosophy and ability to relate to and work with all Christian denominations.
Please review the full job description and submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information with two references to recruiting@LNinternational.org with “VP of Programs” in the subject line.